[SOLVED] Fans at max speed, no diplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyleri

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
I've just built my second pc and when I turn it on all the fans start spinning, the CPU GPU and PSU but they're going at max speed and there no display on my monitor, I tried using a VGA cable straight into the motherboard and same result. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? I don't ene know where to start since everything seems to be functional, thank you.

Solution
Possible it was damaged by the previous owner(one downside of buying used). To test you'd need a known good compatible cpu in this system and/or another known good system to test the current 3600 in.
I've just built my second pc and when I turn it on all the fans start spinning, the CPU GPU and PSU but they're going at max speed and there no display on my monitor, I tried using a VGA cable straight into the motherboard and same result. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? I don't ene know where to start since everything seems to be functional, thank you.
Can you get it to display your BIOS screen?

What was your previous CPU and motherboard?

scyleri

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
So it's probably a problem with the motherboard. But it wouldn't hurt to check the cpu for bent and broken pins.

Also the video ports on the motherboard are not going to work as the 3600 has no igpu making the ports on the board useless.
If the CPU has some broken or bent pins is that going to make it unusable and result in the current problem? I did buy the CPU second hand but I did not see anything bent and it went into the slot perfectly, if that's the problem is there a way to make sure? And is there a way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS