Fans cycle only when playing Dying Light

SouthpawSTG

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I recently started playing Dying Light again after a few years and discovered the fans in my PC were cycling back and forth instead of consistently, but only while playing Dying Light. I have tested other games and the fans all do exactly what they are supposed to do so none of this makes sense to me. I have not been able to find a solution for this problem and am concerned it may damage my CPU or GPU. I have updated graphic drivers to the most recent version and it still happens.

Computer Specs:
Alienware Aurora R4
CPU: Intel i7-3820
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
8 GB of Ram

Solution
I haven't played Dying Light in some time myself... but I recall something similar happening to me as well. It was an old system with an i7-4790k, 32GB DDR3 & I had a GTX Titan X. It got me conerned & I started tinkering with that EVGA Precision software. That was also the 1st time I decided to remove the heatsink from a video card and upgrade the thermal paste on it.
Run MSI afterburner,watch a tutorial on youtube if you need to,and set it up to show you cpu and gpu temps as well as usage,if temps are ok and performance is ok then everything is as it should be,fans slow down if the components don't need full cooling.

May 11, 2018
I have the exact same specs as you, I've never been able to figure out why dying light causes my fans to act up.
The game never used to do that, but it happened around the time their DLC hit the stores.
My aurora runs every other game I own perfectly.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
I haven't played Dying Light in some time myself... but I recall something similar happening to me as well. It was an old system with an i7-4790k, 32GB DDR3 & I had a GTX Titan X. It got me conerned & I started tinkering with that EVGA Precision software. That was also the 1st time I decided to remove the heatsink from a video card and upgrade the thermal paste on it.

Solution