[SOLVED] fans don’t seem to slow down after quitting game

RuffRidersEvo

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Whenever i exit a game my fan speeds don’t seem to be going down, they’re low when idle but when they ramp up under load it doesn’t seem to come down when i exit, can anyone help?

Solution
Case fans are PWM also and they are set to ramp up in 25 seconds and ramp down in 12 seconds
Set to ramp up or down based on what event?
Usually they are set to meet a certain temperature (mobo, CPU etc.) based on a curve. If they don't slow down, the controlling device hasn't cooled down yet.

Read temps and rpm and compare to what it should be based on the curve. Assuming your board has multiple fan connectors, make sure you are controlling the right one.
Jul 12, 2020
Case fans are PWM also and they are set to ramp up in 25 seconds and ramp down in 12 seconds
Set to ramp up or down based on what event?
Usually they are set to meet a certain temperature (mobo, CPU etc.) based on a curve. If they don't slow down, the controlling device hasn't cooled down yet.

Read temps and rpm and compare to what it should be based on the curve. Assuming your board has multiple fan connectors, make sure you are controlling the right one.

Solution