Fans, Fan splitters, and Fan controllers: need some help

Toxikaraidur

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
So the reason I created this thread rather than looking at previous threads (which all had fantastic answers by themselves) I have a rather specific set of questions for a bit of a specific setup:

Gelid Solutions SpeedTouch6 Fan Controller that will be hooked up to 6 fans on the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler.

I have no Idea what sort of fan splitters to use. I cannot find a cable that can split six ways with PWM connectors. I have a silly idea to put two three way splitters into a two way splitter on one of the channels.

The fans themselves say they do not draw more than 1.2 Watts (and each channel can hold up to 30 watts, plus there are six channels) for a total of 7.2 Watts on a single channel with the splitters. Physically, the connectors should work, and the software, I would imagine, should work. The question is: is that electrically safe/tolerable within the bounds of what I am trying to do?

(note: i have a ton of other fans to connect, which I have 5 way splitters for.)

Solution
Your solution sounds perfect to me. 6 fans on a single plug is fine.

The controller steps down the voltage, not using resistors, so that should be fine.

The wires will be fine to handle the current as well.

Toxikaraidur

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Well, I wasn't sure about that, and even though I consulted a few books and an actual electrician, the answers I got were either not for the layman ("common-folk") or they were unsatisfactory. I wanted to make sure that the circuits wouldn't go "ah ah heck this!" and go fzzblt!

Quote of the day by said electrician: "All machines run on smoke. Once you let it out, it doesn't work anymore."