[SOLVED] Fans for prebuilt PC ?

Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find the components for a new build for a number of months now with absolutely no luck. As it has been around 7yrs since my last build i'm also slightly out of the loop.

It seems as if a good prebuilt would be the best option at the moment.

Question:
Is a 120mm backplane exhaust fan necessary if I have a 240mm aio exhaust top mounted? The build which i'm looking at also has 3 intake 120mm fans at the front.
Also, would I be able to fit a 120mm fan with the motherboard installed? (I imagine yes but just want to be sure).

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello, a 120mm fan at the back would just help with the airflow and would help make the case neutral air pressure instead of positive which is better. It is not necessary for this though and it may at most make a slight difference in gpu temp if anything. And almost definitely (unless it is a small case) you can mount a 120mm fan with the motherboard installed

Tfo052

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello, a 120mm fan at the back would just help with the airflow and would help make the case neutral air pressure instead of positive which is better. It is not necessary for this though and it may at most make a slight difference in gpu temp if anything. And almost definitely (unless it is a small case) you can mount a 120mm fan with the motherboard installed

Solution