Question Fans get very loud when windows starts.

wharris1985

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
I just replaced my I7 7700k and Asus Motherboard with an i7 9700k Asus Strix Rog Z390-e Gaming mother board. I also replaced my Corsair H100i Cooler with a Corsair H115I rgb Cooler. I was having doubts replacing anything because my PC ran like a champ, but I thought upgrading to the 9700k couldn't hurt. After installing the CPU temps say around 23 deg Celsius in bios and PC is nice and quiet. Once I open up windows the fans start firing up and going super loud. With my last set up I could never even hear my PC. Is there something off with my setup? Are the H115i fans that much louder than the H100i? Idon't want to have a jet engine for a PC. I'm hoping I can figure this out. ANy help is appreciated.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Use Corsair iCue software to setup fan curves appropriate to your wants/needs. Usually just setting it to default silent mode is enough for even that cpu. It's written for use with AIO's, whereas bios has aircooling in mind, so when Windows spikes usage (can be 50-100% on a single core) bios spikes fan duty cycle to compensate. ICue will moderate that, a lot.

Reactions: wharris1985

TRENDING THREADS