Fans going nuts

Amir_49

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
Im not sure what my main problem is whether its gpu or psu or cpu but i think its the psu. I've been having issues where my custom pc display randomly turns black and the fans everywhere in there start going crazy. One thing i know for sure is that temperature is not the issue here as its always cool around 30-50 at most. It is not overclocked at all too.

Pc specs:
Msi B350M mobo
Amd Ryzen 5 1500x cpu
12 gb ram (8 and 4) (tried one ram at a time also. same manufacturer same specs)
525 W psu (used) which is why i think its the problem
asus strix rog 1050 ti oc edition 4gb gpu

Solution
Sorry, I don't know how to get all the info on power requirements for your system. You may find handy tools like that on the website of PSU makers. Some will ask you to specify all your major parts, and then advise PSU capacity.

Since your PSU is older and used, consider also that it might not be able to output all the power it was designed for when new.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The NORMAL behavior of fans right at start-up is to come on full speed for a few seconds, then slow down when the system completes its POST sequence. What you describe appears to be a system that suddenly stops and reboots, then fails to complete the boot process. The fans stay in the start-up condition of full speed, and the video output system sends nothing out.

Amir_49

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

That is not my problem. Im sorry if i wasnt clear but the problem was that while the pc is on after logging in and after using it for a while (time doesnt matter could be a short time or a long time of usage) the screen just randomly turns off then the fans start going nuts including the gpu/cpu/case fans. Gpu fans usually never turn on because my pc never heated up that much. Either way i just restart my desktop and everything is okay until it happens again could be mins after i turn it on or could be days. It just happens suddenly. My guess would be that my psu is faulty and it turns off cause it doesnt get enough power.

Amir_49

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

How would i know if its with the voltage regulator in the mobo? Its brand new and i had this problem ever since i got it. I had this psu and gpu on my previous build before i upgraded my mobo and cpu and ram so its either gpu or psu but i dont think the gpu would result into all the fans spinning in a nuts way unless if its not getting enough power from the psu which means its a psu issue. Right?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you had the problem BEFORE you changed your mobo, then it's not the mobo. BUT if it is a new problem after the changes, then it MIGHT be the mobo. BUT it also could be that the new system is using much more power, and the old PSU is not able to provide that.

Amir_49

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

Just to double check can you check for me if 525 W is enough to for example launch heavy games/usage on my computer to the max power for each unit i have. That'll be great

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Sorry, I don't know how to get all the info on power requirements for your system. You may find handy tools like that on the website of PSU makers. Some will ask you to specify all your major parts, and then advise PSU capacity.

Since your PSU is older and used, consider also that it might not be able to output all the power it was designed for when new.

Solution