Fans, Gpu and other components shutting down late

suhailshangari

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello

Yesterday I updated my GeForce experience and my graphics driver to the latest version. From then after my fans, gpu and cooler are switching off late as compared to earlier when I shut down my windows 10 though my screen shuts down fine. I even tried uninstalling GeForce experience but it didn't work.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Solution
Have you done a restart since installing drivers? It might not help, I tend to do one after installing Nvidia drivers as they mess with my start menu until I do.

Since windows only ever turns PC off during a restart, the PC may need one to properly install drivers.

have a look in the start up tab of task manager and see if any new Nvidia programs - it may seem strange to look at startup for a shutdown problem but since they both linked now by the way windows 10 shuts down, it sort of makes sense. Win 10 uses hybred hibernate to replace the old turn off option, its why PC is faster to boot compared to restart. So anything you load at start up will also effect your shut down speed.

can try a clean boot to confirm its a start up...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you done a restart since installing drivers? It might not help, I tend to do one after installing Nvidia drivers as they mess with my start menu until I do.

Since windows only ever turns PC off during a restart, the PC may need one to properly install drivers.

have a look in the start up tab of task manager and see if any new Nvidia programs - it may seem strange to look at startup for a shutdown problem but since they both linked now by the way windows 10 shuts down, it sort of makes sense. Win 10 uses hybred hibernate to replace the old turn off option, its why PC is faster to boot compared to restart. So anything you load at start up will also effect your shut down speed.

can try a clean boot to confirm its a start up program and not windows - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Solution

suhailshangari

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

I didn't perform a restart, only did shut down, will try it now.

suhailshangari

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

I restarted my PC and removed some programs from start up, now its working fine. Hope it stays fine now.