Question Fans in my PC speeds up and cuts my monitor signal despite good temperatures

Mar 23, 2022
Hi so recently I got a PC built for me and it was fine for the first couple of days until my monitors would suddenly cut off signal. The computer would still be running and I'd just hold the power button to turn it off and boot it back up. I searched around for people with the same issue, did a reinstall of the drivers through ddu and it was fine for a couple of days again. Then when I was on discord with my friends yesterday my monitor cut off again but the fans would ramp up a lot this time. I'm at a loss to what this issue could be because I've undervolted my cpu and gpu the first time it happened and made sure I was getting decent temperatures (80-84C max cpu and 70C max gpu) and I've also ran 5-7 minutes of stress testing for my gpu without it crashing on me. My case is the NR200p Max and it comes with a decently good PSU and CPU cooler from what I've heard. I'm hesitant to return the system yet because this issue only happens once every couple of days and there isn't any critical errors when I go into event viewer so hopefully I can find a fix before I actually try to return it. I've ordered prebuilt systems from this company before and its worked perfectly but this is the first time I've customised the parts and asked them to put it together for me so maybe something went wrong during the build process(?). Would appreciate any sort of clues or help. Thanks

edit: just ran Cinebench as well and it had no problems pushing the CPU all the way to 90C so I don't think its the peak load thats doing my system in

Specs:
CPU - i7-12700kf
CPU Cooler - 280mm radiator (comes with the case)
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GAMING OC
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 4000Mhz
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z690I AORUS ULTRA Mini-ITX
PSU - 850W SFX Gold (comes with the case)
Storage - AORUS Gen4 7000s 1TB Nvme
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB Nvme
Samsung 870 QVO 2TB Sata
Case - Cooler master NR200p Max
Extra fans - 2 x Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm running at the bottom of the case for extra thermals

Last edited: