Oct 30, 2019
So my Case Fans are not connected to my motherboard but some other thing and there’s a thin white cable connecting them but the cable keeps losing connection and my fans turn off, the cable needs to be twisted in some way to connect. I can’t unplug the little cable, what do I do ? ( I got this PC custom build form a company btw)

Solution
could get a splitter for the one on the board. but almost sounds to me like a broken wire or bad solder to the pin. seeing as when you twist it , it then makes that connection so I don't know if id want them in case to start with might be safer with just 2 new fans and a splitter
Oct 30, 2019
Sounds like the fans are connected to a fan controller. I would just plug the fans into the motherboard directly and ignore the controller in 90% of cases its better to let the fans ramp automatically anyway
I looked up Fan controller and the thing it’s connect to looks different, its a little green board kinda looks like a small green motherboard ( sorry I’m bad with computer stuff) also there’s only one entry on the motherboard for a fan and I have two.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
could get a splitter for the one on the board. but almost sounds to me like a broken wire or bad solder to the pin. seeing as when you twist it , it then makes that connection so I don't know if id want them in case to start with might be safer with just 2 new fans and a splitter

Solution

TRENDING THREADS