CPU - i5 6600k (no overclocking)
Motherboard - Asus Z170-A
RAM - 16 GB DDR4 HyperX Savage 2400MHz
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
Storage (SSD) - Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB
Storage (HDD) - Western Digital Blue 7200rpm 1TB
Storage (HDD) - Seagate 7200rpm 2TB
PSU - Corsair RM650x

I have just rebuilt this setup after receiving a new mobo. Everything seemed to work perfect until I shut down the PC and the fans kept spinning. They only stopped when I unplugged the power. When booting in Windows safe mode and shutting down, the fans stop as they should, which leads me to believe that it is probably not a hardware issue. I have tried reinstalling drivers but nothing worked so far.

If possible, I'd rather avoid doing a clean install of windows. Any advice are welcome.

freddyisback

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016

Was my first thought as well. I checked if there is any related option at BIOS and didn't see anything. I'll check again just in case.

freddyisback

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016
Looked thoroughly through the BIOS options again. I didn't find any option that seems related to my problem.

I've tried almost anything I found by googling my issue except changing psu and mobo (which I cannot do because there are no spare parts) and updating BIOS.

In any case, the fact that with windows safe mode this issue does not occur should indicate that the hardware (mobo, psu) has no problems, right?