Question Fans not spinning when gaming on HP Gaming 15 laptop ?

Moose2_45

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
I have the HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1 and have had it for nearly 2 years with no issues. however over the last week or so i've noticed that the system as a whole seemed to lag, very stuttery when trying to just simply navigate different tabs and on top of that when gaming there's been a massive FPS and performance drop - IE was able to run World of warships very comfortably on high now will barely run on low at 30fps. I've also realised that the fans are barley/not spinning at all either.

The only thing close to them spinning now is an occasional burst of fan and then it'll stop.

Tried everything I can think of, checked for malware (Mcafee), checked the drivers for bios, audio and the GTX 1650 even gone as far as and fresh install of windows. Anyone got any ideas for me before I lose my mind?

Everything on the system is standard apart from RAM - this has been upgraded to 32gb

cheers

Moose2_45

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
Hi,

I've cleaned the fans as best as I can without physically taking them off - mainly because I'm not 100% sure how to do it - cleaned the vents etc as well.

It's really weird though because the laptop itself doesn't feel like it's any hotter than usual when I'm using it. And it's only recently started doing this, literally within the last couple of weeks.

I'm running anti virus scans to be sure as I can be that's it's not that causing the issue - currently using Microsoft safety scanner in case built in and mcafee software are compromised.

Moose2_45

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
Hello, apologies of the delay in reply.

So I managed to ge it working on Friday - worked like a charm. I'd got an update to my audio driver apparently that hadn't flagged up, and saw a few posts that mentioned there was a chance that this could be causing the problem and also had an outdated Geforce GR driver as well for some reason, so I downloaded it, installed etc and worked a bloody treat.

fans were working as they should, FPS on games were where they should be.............................aaaaaaaand turned back on today to find it exactly where I was before, with the same issues.

Running the SFC now to see if there's anything else as well. This is going to drive me bloody insane I swear