[SOLVED] Fans not spinning

Jan 16, 2019
So I'm currently working on a new computer and my psu, case and mobo arrived first. Corsairs Crystal 280x RGB case, ASRocks B450M Pro4 mobo and finally Corsairs RM650x psu. I wanted to see if my case fans would spin just to make sure and they didn't.

I made sure I was plugging the fans into the right place. Double checked that my 24pin header was properly plugged in. And I also checked to see if my front panel headers were plugged in properly.

Do I have to wait for my other parts to come in or is there a possibility I have faulty tech.

Solution
Nothing is going to work, and you really shouldn't even attempt it, without memory and most importantly, a CPU installed. Yes, you need to wait.

And if you didn't know that I'm going to tell you, since clearly you are a first time builder, that you will want to be extremely careful when installing the CPU. Make absolutely certain you have the alignment marks lined up correctly, that you have the lock lever on the side of the CPU gently but FULLY pulled completely to the open position when installing the CPU in the socked and that you keep light pressure with one finger directly on the center of the CPU when you push the lock lever back into the locked down position so the CPU does not try to shift at all.

I've seen hundreds and...
Nothing is going to work, and you really shouldn't even attempt it, without memory and most importantly, a CPU installed. Yes, you need to wait.

And if you didn't know that I'm going to tell you, since clearly you are a first time builder, that you will want to be extremely careful when installing the CPU. Make absolutely certain you have the alignment marks lined up correctly, that you have the lock lever on the side of the CPU gently but FULLY pulled completely to the open position when installing the CPU in the socked and that you keep light pressure with one finger directly on the center of the CPU when you push the lock lever back into the locked down position so the CPU does not try to shift at all.

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of novice builders come here with questions like yours and then a week later are back with no POST questions that turn out to be bent pins on the CPU. Do that, and you should be good. THEN you can bench test the system OUTSIDE of the case BEFORE you install the motherboard, which is a very good idea because then if there is a problem requiring you to bench test something you don't have to pull it all back out again when you could just have done a bench run from the start. As follows:

Solution