Question RX 5700 Fans not spinning

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, i recently bought the Radeon RX 5700 Red Dragon. For some reason, my fans sometimes wont spin. When i look under performance the fans speed is stuck on 65535 PRM(and still not spinning) when the fans should be spinning. Sometime booting will fix the problem. Got any ideas? Thank you in advance

Reactions: gaberolca
Dec 2, 2019
Hi, i recently bought the Radeon RX 5700 Red Dragon. For some reason, my fans sometimes wont spin. When i look under performance the fans speed is stuck on 65535 PRM(and still not spinning) when the fans should be spinning. Sometime booting will fix the problem. Got any ideas? Thank you in advance
I'm no expert, but I think fans shouldn't always be spinning, only under load.

Dec 22, 2019
hello Kaptajnen,
i bought 2 of the same GPUs(RX 5700 Red Dragon) for 2 systems, but i have the same exact problem on both of them, just like you had! First startup not spinning and showing 65535 RPM in radeon software, then rebooting helps sometimes...
So I'm curious if you managed to sort it out, and how did you fix your issues.

Dec 22, 2019
As I said, I had the same

managed to fix it with updating the BIOS on the card (only the OC mode was the problematic).
Used this software -> AMD/ATI FLASH
And this vBIOS, but if you have the same problem, check 100% if you have the same model of the card!!!!

now the cards work as intended

Do this at your own risk