Question Fans not working?

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
So I have my pc for around a year and I never had a problem with it, but today my pc got warm while idle, not extremely hot just warm but usually it was cool. So I downloaded Core temp and HWMonitor, and saw my CPU going 50C to 65C idle, while my GPU as normally was at 50C idle, also Memory and Hotspot 67C idle. I got 5 fans and a Water Cooler, On HWMonitor it says that Fans MPW are 0 vaule,mix,max all 0 while my fans and water cooler (not 100% sure about water cooler) are working.
Not sure how I can post screenshots here tho

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
Could it be the water pump that malfunctions?
No idea but i just moved my pc is a wider, more open area and stuff are a bit better I think, When I put my hand on my pc its not hot as before but Memory, Hot spot and CPU are still around 60C+ Idle, also Fans PMW are still 0

And about the water pump Is there a way to see if its working or not?

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
No idea but i just moved my pc is a wider, more open area and stuff are a bit better I think, When I put my hand on my pc its not hot as before but Memory, Hot spot and CPU are still around 60C+ Idle, also Fans PMW are still 0

And about the water pump Is there a way to see if its working or not?
What is your motherboard and where did you connect the pump?

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
If you connect your pump directly to other 4-pin (even 3-pin) fan header, does the pump run differently?
sorry for late response, i got my pc prebuilt, i dont know alot about them, im a beginner so I dont know how exaclty to do that, also on BIOS is there a way to turn on/off fans or water coolers?

Last edited:

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
sorry for late response, i got my pc prebuilt, i dont know alot about them, im a beginner so I dont know how exaclty to do that, also on BIOS is there a way to turn on/off fans or water coolers?
You can't turn off the fans.

You have to figure out how fast your pump is running, if the pump doesn't run accordingly to the PWM signal, your system could overheat.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS