Fans on Case w/o motherboard

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018

mtracy1991

Reputable
Thanks, which one do you recommend in order of most recommended to least and why please. :)

Depending on each persons needs, I'll use mine as an example. I purchased the Blackhawk Ultra case (link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147157) which the side door can hold (9) 120mm fans, and comes with (8) pre-installed. There are also two little fan adapters inside the case to add additional fans. I would get the fan controller, usually the back is made of Velcro so you can stick it to the panel where all the wiring exists on the right side of the case, or left. You would also be able to purchase future fans if needed if temperatures aren't looking good for your leisure. Whereas the splitter and molex connectors only allot 1-2 additional fans. With this being said, I would and will be purchasing the fan controller in your case and in mine.

Reactions: badman614

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
But I only need it for 2 fans, and am trying to keep the budget super low.
By the time I'd get a new case, I would build a new pc.
What do you say for me is the best option now???

mtracy1991

Reputable
But I only need it for 2 fans, and am trying to keep the budget super low.
By the time I'd get a new case, I would build a new pc.
What do you say for me is the best option now???
well if you can afford the fan controller i say get it. You can add it to the new pc build as well especially if more fans were ideal for you. If you dont have the funds, just purchase the splitter for now.