[SOLVED] Fans on, no post on custom pc

Aug 31, 2019
Nearly a YEAR ago now, I've been trying get a custom gaming pc up and running. I had my sister ( who built herself her own pc in 2016) build it. The specs are as follows: asrock-b450m-hdv mother board, amd ryzen 3 2200g CPU, and 4gb ddr-2400mhz ballistix sport ram. During when it was first built it would not boot up, but my sister fixed it that day. However, when booted up, it would not post. We've tried a HDMI Cable and a VGA cable and 2 different monitors. we replaced the cpu and mobo, but it still didn't work. fast forward 280 days, I ordered a brand spanking new motherboard ( GIGABYTE a320M-S2H) and tried it again. my sister got the motherboard all ready and when the pc was turned on, the same exact problems arose. This morning, I decided to look up a solution on GOOGLE, I reset the CMOS by removing a batter and waiting 10 minutes then placing it back in. Still nothing. Few hours later, I had my sister dissasemble the pc. I am now going to put it back together myself. Any Advice on how I could potentially fix the problem? P.S does that battery thing for resetting CMOS require power?

Solution
board I just got on friday says "Ryzen 3000 series ready" with "Amd 1000, 2000 Series Compatible" printed below it. My sister and I haven't tried using the HDMI Port on my GPU. Would I be able to get video and install the bios drivers by using the using the GPU's HDMI port?
If it says its ready it should be ready. You used 2 mainboards with that cpu now. I think the cpu is faulty. Look for bent pins and try to borrow a am4 cpu for a crosstest of the mainboard.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
You first motherboard should have worked with the 2200g on paper. Your "new" board is a generation older and will only work if the bios is updated to support 2.gen Ryzen. Does it state "Ryzen 2000 ready" or smth similar on the box?

Aug 31, 2019
You first motherboard should have worked with the 2200g on paper. Your "new" board is a generation older and will only work if the bios is updated to support 2.gen Ryzen. Does it state "Ryzen 2000 ready" or smth similar on the box?

board I just got on friday says "Ryzen 3000 series ready" with "Amd 1000, 2000 Series Compatible" printed below it. My sister and I haven't tried using the HDMI Port on my GPU. Would I be able to get video and install the bios drivers by using the using the GPU's HDMI port?

Last edited:

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
If it says its ready it should be ready. You used 2 mainboards with that cpu now. I think the cpu is faulty. Look for bent pins and try to borrow a am4 cpu for a crosstest of the mainboard.

Solution