Jun 25, 2021
So, I have a new Lian-li mesh 2 performance and a old A320MH, I want to know if I can connect the Fan Hub from Lian-Li into the Sys Fan Header or the Cpu Fan Header, what would you guys choose? Each of the 3 fans that comes in the case uses 0.18A! And also, the connector on the Sys Fan is only 3 pin while the conecctor is 4pin, what to do? Thanks in advance!

link for mobo and case:

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=999

https://hardwarecanucks.com/wp-content/uploads/Lian-Li-Lancool-II-Mesh-Case-28.png

Also, what could happen on the worst case scenario?

Solution
Does the fan hub have a power connector? Typically, a fan hub has a Molex or SATA power connector to power the fans. The connector to the motherboard is there only for reporting and controlling RPMs with PWM.

You can connect a 4 pin to a 3 pin, but the 4th pin is PWM, so you won't have any RPM control.

So it might not be worthwhile to connect it to the motherboard at all, if the fan hub is powered by SATA or Molex.

However, if your CPU fan connector is 4 pin, then use that. Again, assuming the fan hub is powered by SATA or Molex.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
Does the fan hub have a power connector? Typically, a fan hub has a Molex or SATA power connector to power the fans. The connector to the motherboard is there only for reporting and controlling RPMs with PWM.

You can connect a 4 pin to a 3 pin, but the 4th pin is PWM, so you won't have any RPM control.

So it might not be worthwhile to connect it to the motherboard at all, if the fan hub is powered by SATA or Molex.

However, if your CPU fan connector is 4 pin, then use that. Again, assuming the fan hub is powered by SATA or Molex.

Reactions: h041
Solution
Jun 25, 2021

Man, just solved it! actually the version I have has 4 pin sys fan, So I connected there and found a SATA cable as you said, connected everything and it is running just fine, with the switch of the case and everything! :) about the power it draws, is it possible to have problems in the future? I mean, if it is turned on, it should have enought power right?