Question Fans run at Max speed with no display and no heat from cpu

Jan 4, 2020
So my new motherboard came in today for a hodgepodge machine I've slowly pieced together and upgraded over the years.

Before today I was running this:

MB: Optiplex 790
CPU: i3-2320
GPU: gtx1660
Unbranded ram from the Optiplex, 4x2gb
Cheep ssd 126gb
Put into an Optiplex 790 case

Everything ran perfectly fine

I got gaming case for Christmas
I bought an i7-3770
And I got a gigabyte b75m-d3h motherboard

Originally I was going to just put the new CPU into the Optiplex motherboard but I didn't have the right generation lga1155 socket to run ivy bridge, so I thought I needed a better motherboard which is why I got the new one. I also wanted a none proprietary motherboard that would work in a gaming case. I thought this new motherboard would work, but I had the same issues I did with the Optiplex. I realized after doing some research that I could make the new motherboard compatible with ivy bridge if I updated the bios, so I put my i3 in and booted to bios and even into Windows perfectly fine.

The only thing I changed in the bios was the language from mandarin to English. Then I saved and excited the bios. This is when I realized I had to download the latest bios online so I attempted to boot into Windows again, but this time the fans just go full speed and the power button lights solid blue as if the computer were on, yet there's no display. This is all using the onboard graphics through the motherboards HDMI without the graphics card in. I also tried it with the graphics card and the fans on the card also spin but still no display. I've tried running it with no cooler to see if the CPU gets hot at all and it stays ice cold through the whole process. Trust me, I've plugged and unplugged both the motherboard and CPU atx power connecters many times with no avail. I've also tried every configuration possible with my 4 ram sticks in the 4 slots trying 4, 2, and 1 in the computer in every why possible.

My biggest frustration is that I had everything running in bios One time, and it seemed perfectly fine, not I can't tell what the problem is and I never even got to update the bios.

I hope someone can help, I'd really appreciate it. If I could I'd just throw money at the problem but I'm a broke college kid so I can't just but new parts and stuff.

Jan 4, 2020
You really shouldn't run a cpu without cooler. But since it keeps being cold does that imo mean that there doesn't go any power to it. The 4pin power connector for the cpu is put well in?

Other thing might just be that he motherboard you bought is just busted.
I really hope it's not busted because it's from China, every connector is in properly