Question Fans sped up and monitors lost signal

Noodz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
I bought an Alphasync system from Ebuyer about 3 weeks ago (the one listed here https://www.ebuyer.com/914012-alphasync-core-i9-9th-gen-rtx-2080ti-32gb-ram-4tb-hdd-240gb-as-d5107).

Everything had been working fine until today when I was using my Oculus Quest connected to the PC with Oculus Link. The Oculus suddenly froze, the fans on the PC suddenly increased to ludicrous speed and the monitors lost signal.
I restarted the computer and everything was fine until I used the Oculus again, after about 30 mins of use the same thing happened.
I restarted again which fixed the problem again, but the problem reoccured (this time after about 10 mins of Oculus use, and I wasn't even playing a game) and now restarting the computer doesn't help. Now when I turn it on (no matter how long it's been off for) the fans start at max speed and the monitors don't get a signal.

Specs:
Processor: Core i9-9900 KF 3.6 GHz
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (2x 16GB)
GPU: MSI RTX 2080Ti 11GB
PSU: Corsair 750W RX
Cooling: Corsair H100 RGB
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-P

The system is still under warrenty so I can send it back, but if there's an easy fix I'd prefer to do that and then maybe send it back in the new year if problems reoccur.

I assume it's an overheating issue, the system was slightly warm to the touch, not much at all, but it was noticeable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Noodz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Something certainly is wrong, and it could be a lot of things. I really doubt the Oculus Quest system is involved in causing this. I recommend replacement under warranty for something this severe in a brand new unit.

I agree, it's probably not the Oculus, that's just what I was doing when it happened, it definately shouldn't have overheated so, if that's what's caused it, they must have messed up the build somehow. Could it be faulty cooler installation?
I've contacted them for a repair/replacement, unfortunately it's unlikely to happen before the new year.