Question Fans speed up and Screen goes black, requires restart.

Feb 16, 2022
So I'll start this by saying that I've had this problem for a while but thought it resolved. Up until this week I ran a GTX 1060 and I started having this issue a while after making a new build in december 2020, it basically occured quite frequently after that, probably around febuary. I tried a few fixes and one that reduced the amount of crashes by a huge majority was rolling back my driver to the cyberpunk release ones, the one where I hadn't had these issues with it only crashing once after the roll back. Now I upgraded my Graphics card to a GTX 3060 TI. Updated the driver's, my main suspicions being that either the PSU or GPU was the issue. But as mentioned here, I've just this hour had another crash for the first time in a while.

I'd like to poke your guys' brain for a solution, or potential fixes my own thoughts are that maybe the PSU is the issue, though it is a 650w.

My build is currently:

GTX 3060 TI ASUS DUAL OC.
MSI 550 TOMAHAWK.
RYZEN 7 3700X.
CORSAIR TX650M.
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix.

I've not noticed it as a tempreture issue in msi afterburner, never touching high heat and the like or too much utilization in the nvidia perfomance overlay. I am a little stumped.

Feb 16, 2022
So I'll start this by saying that I've had this problem for a while but thought it resolved. Up until this week I ran a GTX 1060 and I started having this issue a while after making a new build in december 2020, it basically occured quite frequently after that, probably around febuary. I tried a few fixes and one that reduced the amount of crashes by a huge majority was rolling back my driver to the cyberpunk release ones, the one where I hadn't had these issues with it only crashing once after the roll back. Now I upgraded my Graphics card to a GTX 3060 TI. Updated the driver's, my main suspicions being that either the PSU or GPU was the issue. But as mentioned here, I've just this hour had another crash for the first time in a while.

I'd like to poke your guys' brain for a solution, or potential fixes my own thoughts are that maybe the PSU is the issue, though it is a 650w.

My build is currently:

GTX 3060 TI ASUS DUAL OC.
MSI 550 TOMAHAWK.
RYZEN 7 3700X.
CORSAIR TX650M.
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix.

I've not noticed it as a tempreture issue in msi afterburner, never touching high heat and the like or too much utilization in the nvidia perfomance overlay. I am a little stumped.
I'm not sure honestly, I just usually let afterburner run in the background when I do remember to put it on. Thanks for the hasty reply.

Feb 16, 2022
Hard to say, you state that this all started with a new build. What changed with the build when it started turning off?
See it's weird. I changed everything from my old build except my Gpu which was a GTX1060 Asus Strix. Then this week, I'd updated my GPU to my currently one, GTX 3060TI DUAL OC. That's the only change recently. In my OP, I mentioned that when i rolled back the drivers to the Cyberpunk one's it was mostly fine, I rarely had it. I had a second crash today when playing. I did a clean safe mode, ddu uninstall of my old drivers before updating to these ones for my 3060TI. I genuinely feel it may be the power supply but again, this build is my first and the issues had stopped but i couldn;t update my drivers.

That just pops up when your computer shuts off for an unknown reason. Try using ddu uninstaller, then install driver version that is closest to 472.12 for your card. See if anything changes. Does this happen with all games or just a single one? And look at the panel in Afterburner, what are the settings?

Feb 16, 2022
That just pops up when your computer shuts off for an unknown reason. Try using ddu uninstaller, then install driver version that is closest to 472.12 for your card. See if anything changes. Does this happen with all games or just a single one? And look at the panel in Afterburner, what are the settings?
ah. . .though i was onto something. I might try that then, but surely i can't live on really old drivers?

it happened first on red dead online yesterday then on destiny 2 today with this new card and what setting am i specfically looking for?