Fans spin at 100% and LED's illuminate, but still dead?

Smurtehmurph

Reputable
May 14, 2016
I recently upgraded my motherboard and case, keeping the same ram, cpu, graphics card, radiator and hdds, I've examined the card, all visible soldering and pcb appears to be in perfect condition, no cracks, no burn marks and nothing like that, when I install my graphics card into my computer it boots with the fans at 100% and the leds illuminate but it has no display, it's not listed in my attached devices, it's not listed in my bios, I've tried setting it in the other pci 3.0 slot as it's an sli ready motherboard with the same result, I'm able to boot the computer through onboard graphics, and it doesn't cause my cpu to fail to boot, it still posts entirely fine. I don't have another motherboard to try it on because the old one died.

CPU : i7 4770k (factory clocked for now)
Memory : 2x 8gb corsair dominator platinum 1866mhz (factory clocked for now)
Motherboard : MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
Powersupply : 700w
HDDS : 2x 7200rpm
the only other things plugged in are my keyboard and mouse, single monitor and pci wifi card.

it's a palit gtx 670 jetstream (pic related)
03-big-geforce-gtx670-palit-jetstream.jpg

Solution
I hate recommending this (because if it does not work right you can brick you motherboard) but I would do a BIOS update. Also, do you have a friend with a computer that you can test your graphics card in?

Also, do you have any other PCIe devices installed like an M.2 drive?

In any case I would not worry too much as you can get a 770 for $100 to $140 if your card is bad...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=gtx+970&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgtx+770.TRS0&_nkw=gtx+770&_sacat=0

JimF_35

Distinguished
I hate recommending this (because if it does not work right you can brick you motherboard) but I would do a BIOS update. Also, do you have a friend with a computer that you can test your graphics card in?

Also, do you have any other PCIe devices installed like an M.2 drive?

In any case I would not worry too much as you can get a 770 for $100 to $140 if your card is bad...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=gtx+970&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgtx+770.TRS0&_nkw=gtx+770&_sacat=0

Solution