Question Fans spin but PC doesn't start up

Aug 11, 2021
Hi guys.

Motherboard is an MSI Z97-G43. When I press the power button all the fans spin and keep spinning but I get nothing on the screen, keyboard/mouse don't light up or anything like that. Any one have any ideas if there is anything I can do here to get it working again?

D

Deleted member 2783327

Have you tried the basics - remove ram/gpu, disconnect drives then reconnect drives, reinstall ram & GPU
Clear BIOS - The CMOS jumper is on the bottom right of your motherboard next to the chassis intrusion jumper.
You could also try remove the battery leave it out for a couple of minutes (with power cord disconnected from PC), then plug it all back in.

I just had a system do this to me 3 days ago. Turned out to be a dead motherboard. Hopefully you will be luckier.

Aug 11, 2021
Probably should have added this to my OP. Yeah, I removed everything I could and put it back together. Used the CMOS jumper to clear BIOS and replaced the BIOS battery. Still not booting. I assume the motherboard is dead but I am hoping I can get it working as I really don't want to have to do a new build right now.