Question Fans spin but will not post no led no beeps.

Nov 22, 2022
I just swapped out my gfx card and things were going fine till the pc turned off and now it wont turn back on again, i took out the gpu to use the onboard video but it still wont post. But the fans spin, it was weird tho at first half the fans wouldn't spin till i cleared cmos now all the fans spin, no mem leds light up but eveything else acts like its booting just fine
z390-e gaming
i've checked the pinned post on boot troubleshooting did everything there including cmos resets and whatnot. did my mobo just die today?

I just swapped out my gfx card and things were going fine till the pc turned off and now it wont turn back on again, i took out the gpu to use the onboard video but it still wont post. But the fans spin, it was weird tho at first half the fans wouldn't spin till i cleared cmos now all the fans spin, no mem leds light up but eveything else acts like its booting just fine
z390-e gaming
i've checked the pinned post on boot troubleshooting did everything there including cmos resets and whatnot. did my mobo just die today?
maybe take out the motherboard and test it without casing, see if it would boot. take off the rams and clean the ram slot and ram pins, reseat the cpu (also look for pins on the board if there is a misalligned ones), then test it outside the case.

for clr cmos, try to unplug the cmos battery and psu power cable, press and hold power button and reset button for 11 seconds, then plug everything back in and try to boot.

Nov 22, 2022
am not able to test outside case, dont know why this would be it since i literally did nothing to cause this from happening but swap the gou, at first it wouldnt' post, but reseating the gpu caused a post. i played for an hour then it just shut off out of the blue and started doing this. took out everything but1 ram and cleaned the ram slots to no avail. i would think it should be giving me at least some leds without ram in it when i try to boot it right? cpu should be ok since it has been in place for over a year without issues.

am not able to test outside case, dont know why this would be it since i literally did nothing to cause this from happening but swap the gou, at first it wouldnt' post, but reseating the gpu caused a post. i played for an hour then it just shut off out of the blue and started doing this. took out everything but1 ram and cleaned the ram slots to no avail. i would think it should be giving me at least some leds without ram in it when i try to boot it right? cpu should be ok since it has been in place for over a year without issues.
might be the cooler that's too tight even if this is not possible, maybe try to boot to bios without cooler and see if it's working in every scenario you face. if so, then its the gpu cooler that bends the board...

Nov 22, 2022
gpu currently isn't installed and am using onboard video. i have a liquid cooling setup which is very light and dont think thats it. like i said this setup has been in use for more than a year until today. not sure what could have doen this unless the psu has failed on me.

JohnTaylorHK

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
I think the pinned post may mention removing all USB and any internal devices, like your GPU. If the unit then doesn't boot, you have hardware or software issues, so try booting from a UEFI USB or a CD. If that doesn't work then looks like you've fried your hardware. Most likely cause is the PSU, as you mention.