[SOLVED] Fans spin for a moment and stop. PC won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2020
Hello,

I built a new PC last week and it was running fine. I was gaming on it today, when suddenly it crashed. Now, when I hit the power button, the CPU fan and case fans spin for a second then stop.

So far, I've tried:
  • Resetting CMOS via jumper and battery
  • Reseating the CPU
  • Removing everything and putting/plugging it all back in
  • Booting with 1 stick of RAM in the different slots.
  • Booting with only the CPU and SSD installed

My specs:
i7 9700k
Rtx 2080 super
ASRock z390pro4 Mobo
RM750x PSU

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Yes it probably would be if you get the same thing. Also its less likely but the other thing could be the cpu. If you get the same thing with a new ps7, before yiu look at a new mb, just try the cpu on another board. I'd ask a computer place to see if they can check it. Then you can re assure its go to be the mb. Good luck.
Jan 11, 2020
Try with another psu, maybe you got a dud.
As it sounds like anything else your mb would be able to diagnose these days.

Thanks for the input, I've ordered a new PSU and will try it tomorrow.
Because it crashed while I was gaming, I'm worried something might have gotten fried. Could the mobo have gotten fried some how?

Aus-ling

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
Yes it probably would be if you get the same thing. Also its less likely but the other thing could be the cpu. If you get the same thing with a new ps7, before yiu look at a new mb, just try the cpu on another board. I'd ask a computer place to see if they can check it. Then you can re assure its go to be the mb. Good luck.

Reactions: Bdbjr
Solution
Jan 11, 2020

My PC is working with the new PSU, thanks so much for your advice.

My old PSU was plugged into a power strip which was plugged into an extension cable. Could this have contributed to its death? I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Reactions: Aus-ling
Status
Not open for further replies.