• Enter here for a chance to win a custom MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries themed PC powered by Intel!

Question Fans spin to full speed and never slow down ?

wfwcowboys

Commendable
Dec 4, 2018
So a few weeks ago I turned my pc on and the fans spun up to full speed but never went to their normal curve. I and the person helping me chopped chalked it up to a windows update and I went on with my day. But just this morning it happened again, fans go up and never rev down. I checked hardware monitor and all fans connected to the motherboard were at %100 and the gpu was at normal speed.

At this point I’m just gonna assume the motherboard is acting up because literally almost exactly a year ago the pc would not post 9/10 times and would work fine staying on for 2months when it would post. The board was sent in for an RMA around the end of last summer and they said it was the BIOS chip but I’m not sure how correct that is because gigabyte support is terrible. While I think this is just the board doing it’s annual breakdown if you guys think it’s something easily fixable or potentially another part please tell me.

Rough Specs
Cpu-ryzen 7 1700
Ram-16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200
Motherboard-Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi (mini itx)
Gpu-RTX 2060
PSU-EVGA G5 650
CPU cooler-Noctua NH-L9a-am4

ASK THE COMMUNITY