[SOLVED] Fans spinning like crazy

Jun 1, 2021
Hello all

I recently upgraded my gtx 1070 to rtx 2060 and the fans are spinning super fast when playing games.

The temp is in the normal range CPU 70-80C and GPU is 65-75C., when gaming, it is 45-50C when I am using it for internet and <Mod Edit>

The question is, will the PC be damaged if the fans spin hard all the time, but the temp is this much? Is there anything I should try?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hello all

I recently upgraded my gtx 1070 to rtx 2060 and the fans are spinning super fast when playing games.

The temp is in the normal range CPU 70-80C and GPU is 65-75C., when gaming, it is 45-50C when I am using it for internet and <Mod Edit>

The question is, will the PC be damaged if the fans spin hard all the time, but the temp is this much? Is there anything I should try?
It's warm, but not necessarily alarming. It depends on what processor are you using, what cooler on top of that CPU, and what kind of case airflow are we looking at.

For instance, Zen 2 and 3 on stock cooler? Seems fine to me. Zen 1 on beefy aftermarket cooler? Could be better.

On the other side of the camp, 10th gen i7 on Hyper 212...
Some fans are indeed noticeably louder as speeds increase....

The temps you mentioned, however, are not overly concerning...

You might try adjusting fan speeds manually to just the below the point of 'too loud/.annoying' and test if that speed is sufficient to control your temps...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hello all

It's warm, but not necessarily alarming. It depends on what processor are you using, what cooler on top of that CPU, and what kind of case airflow are we looking at.

For instance, Zen 2 and 3 on stock cooler? Seems fine to me. Zen 1 on beefy aftermarket cooler? Could be better.

On the other side of the camp, 10th gen i7 on Hyper 212? About what is expected. Ivy Bridge chip under 240mm AIO? Hot damn that's hot.

Solution