Question Fans with different power rating, what does it mean?

Aug 24, 2021
Hi guys,

One fan broke down and it's obsolete, I tried to look for the updated version and I found one which is pretty much te same, the only difference is the power rating: the old one was 2.64 W, the new one is 1.92 W, could someone please tell me if it's ok anyway? All the other specs are exactly the same.

Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model fans?

W (Watts) are an indication of how much power a device uses/requires.

Ideally the new 1.92 Watt fan is more efficient and able to provide as much cooling as the perhaps older inefficient 2.64 W fan.

However, that is not guaranteed.....

This: "pretty much the same".

What other specs are being compared: airflow, rpms, physical size, connectivity?

Aug 24, 2021
Absolutely fine. Newer one is more power efficient.
Thank you!

Make and model fans?

W (Watts) are an indication of how much power a device uses/requires.

Ideally the new 1.92 Watt fan is more efficient and able to provide as much cooling as the perhaps older inefficient 2.64 W fan.

However, that is not guaranteed.....

This: "pretty much the same".

What other specs are being compared: airflow, rpms, physical size, connectivity?
This is the link with the old and new model, if you click on "Compare with Current Part" on the right you can see the comparison. The only differences I noticed are the Auto Restart feature (only for the old one) and the noise (new one is more quiet), that's why I said pretty much the same. All the actual important specs are exactly the same, unless I missed something.

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Thank you!

This is the link with the old and new model, if you click on "Compare with Current Part" on the right you can see the comparison. The only differences I noticed are the Auto Restart feature (only for the old one) and the noise (new one is more quiet), that's why I said pretty much the same. All the actual important specs are exactly the same, unless I missed something.
Dude chill you are fine. Fans are the least thing to be concerned about. Just enjoy the new fans. It doesn't matter if it uses 1 watt or 10 watt. Just make sure if you have 4 pin RGB cable with your fan don't connect it to 3 pin argb port. Otherwise you're good to go

Ralston18

Titan
Ideally, the lower wattage requirement and improved performance ( quieter) is simply a matter of efficiency in the end product with respect to design, materials/components, and assembly.

Just double check the specs, the source/vendor, and the applicable RMA policies if the new fan does not work as advertised.

Aug 24, 2021
Dude chill you are fine. Fans are the least thing to be concerned about. Just enjoy the new fans. It doesn't matter if it uses 1 watt or 10 watt. Just make sure if you have 4 pin RGB cable with your fan don't connect it to 3 pin argb port. Otherwise you're good to go
Well, the funny thing is that the fan isn't actually for a computer but for an gelato display :LOL: It helps to spread the cold inside the display, there are a lot of these fans inside but I wanted to be 100% it was ok.

Unfortunately due to the ice a fan now has 2 missing blades and it's creating a lot of vibration, I guess because it's not properly balanced anymore, not sure if I properly explained myself...

Ideally, the lower wattage requirement and improved performance ( quieter) is simply a matter of efficiency in the end product with respect to design, materials/components, and assembly.

Just double check the specs, the source/vendor, and the applicable RMA policies if the new fan does not work as advertised.
Thanks for the advices!

If you guys ever come to LA let me know, gelato is on me ;)