Fans?

G

I just got my Tbird 1.2 (266) up and running.

I had some fans mounted in the in case mountings.

1st fan is in the front sucking in.
2nd fan is in the back blowing out.

i'm running pretty hot i have a Asus AV7133 the CPU temp is 57-60C normally. I relize that it's probably 47-50C because of the Asus sensor being off. I have bios revision 1004.

The guy who mounted the fan on the back had to use a heatsink fan because he said he hadn't seen such a small hole.

The Case doesn't really have any "vents" in the front for the large fan to get real air flow from. there is ample venting on the sides of the case though.

Any idea if I need to get more or beter fans? should my temp be this high with what I have now?

Thanks,
Paul

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
I say get a dremel and cut a hole on the side panel and mount a fan there.

and yes, your temps are quite high.. my 1.0Tbird on an A7V133 runs @ 34-36C idle and 46-51C under load.

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
definetly go with the above post. because my duron 850 (oced to 1000 7.0*143, 1.65 VCore) with arctic silver and the cooler master fan only runs at 46C under full load, running seti for 62 hours w/o a break accept to update the workunit.

is this reality... i thought it would more realistic.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A lot of cases use a 60MM instead of 80MM fan in the back, this is actually VERY COMMON as I have several myself, but every tech I talk to says "never seen it" Techs a stupid (except4me). I have resorted to getting my 60MM case fans from old Apples, as they seem to use them quite often, 60x60x25, very good flow for such a small fan.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

I really don't think I want to modify my case, would a
slot based blower, or a drive based blower cool my cpu down?

Thanks,
Paul

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I typed 60mm in the search bar of pricewatch.com and found 60mm case fans on page 2. If you got a thicker case fan you would see better flow through your case. You can also get a slot cooler. You could also try one of those OEM power supplies with the 92mm fan on the bottom. You could also simply cut a hole in the bottom of your power supply and mount a 92mm fan there. You SHOULD get a better CPU cooler while your at it, I recommend the Thermaltake Volcano II or the Globalwin FOP-32. The easiest thing to do is get a BETTER 60mm case fan and the better CPU cooler. Like I said, you can find the 60mm Case fans on Pricewatch, or pull them from old Apples, I've got a few that way.

You can find a nice 60mm case fan <A HREF="http://www.nexfan.com/43/126.htm?694" target="_new">HERE</A> that flows 32CFM at 38db

Cast not thine pearls before the swine