Question Far better PC but lower FPS ?

Jan 23, 2022
Hello, so im running a i5-10400f with a 3070, ddr4 2666mhz, ssd. My friend is running 1060 6gb with i5-6600 ddr4 3600mhz~, ssd. And he is getting around 60-90 fps more on games, pretty much any game. Does the ram actually do that much or theres something wrong on my end, I have ram xmped, dual channeled etc. Help out!

What games? What actual fps?

If for example it’s cs go and you have single channel RAM that would significantly hold back your system. It’s not the RAM speed.

Run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.

RAM nearly always should be in slots A2 & B2 when running 4 sticks on a motherboard with 4 slots, check your motherboard manual. When you ran UB it said there was very high background usage, 16%. Did you have anything else running when you ran the benchmark?

You have 3200 ram running at 2667.
Is xmp enabled?
Are these 2 sticks a kit or 2 separate sticks you bought?
OP has a B460 motherboard as shown in the UBM results, which does not have memory overclocking like B560, so they're stuck at 2666MT/s maximum without a memory overclocking motherboard . Also although it seems weird, Valorant may be one of the few games that get a massive boost to fps with higher speed ram.

Jan 23, 2022
Great thanks guys, this is gonna be a bit off topic but then why, when i bought a pre built pc these were in it? Is there still a difference or something? Seems like a waste of money.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS