Far Cry 1 Similar Games?

Sandi1987

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
This game is awesome. I just finished this game today and it's hard. Is there any similar game with similar gameplay? Newest Far Cry games are totally different. What about Far Cry 2? I finished Far Cry 4 and i play Far Cry 3. It's good but not good as Far Cry 1.

Solution

The reason FC1 is so difficult is that the latest patch has a bug in it hardly nobody realizes. The bug is that the enemy sees through most everything. So i bet ur a great FPS and u really dug the difficulty not realizing the AI was cheating.lol So congratz for finishing it. I remember tearing my hair out by the time i got to the end because it was so hard for me and my lack of skills years ago when the bugged patch 1st came out. lol I better much now. :)

FC2 suks. The...
Far Cry 2 is more of an open-world sandbox game like the newer installments.

The original Far Cry was made by Crytek, who went on to make the Crysis games, which are probably closer to Far Cry than the newer Far Cry games, which have all been developed by Ubisoft Montreal.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

The reason FC1 is so difficult is that the latest patch has a bug in it hardly nobody realizes. The bug is that the enemy sees through most everything. So i bet ur a great FPS and u really dug the difficulty not realizing the AI was cheating.lol So congratz for finishing it. I remember tearing my hair out by the time i got to the end because it was so hard for me and my lack of skills years ago when the bugged patch 1st came out. lol I better much now. :)

FC2 suks. The 1st ten minuets seem like it will be fantastic but it suks. i'm such a big fan of FC1 (played it 100 times) i went ahead and finished FC2. FC3 is better but not much. At least it has some of the feel of FC1, but FC3 still doesn't come close. FC4 is better than FC3, but still lacks the feeling that FC1 gives you; like you're the main character in a movie...

Only thing i liked as much as FC1 wa HL2, Doom 3 and the New Doom.

Have you tried "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl"?

^^ is as exhilarating as FC1. (Tip: Stay friends with the two or three factions as long as u can. I think one of the factions eventually must be your enemy.) The game is a long if not longer than FC1. Play "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat" after that. But skip ever playing "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky". (Although buying all three is maybe worth it, if the three cost less than just "Chernobyl" and "Pripyat")

Oh, but wait, 1st play "F.E.A.R.".

Don't worry, or fear "F.E.A.R." is only a little scary, but just like FC1 scares (catches u off guard) here and there, and only few times. Not constantly. If you turn out the lights too, it can really scare you. But it is mostly an FSP just like FC1. Youl
will LUV it. And i've played it over 100 times too. It has a great story to it like FC1 and keeps u riveted to the plot wanting to know wat is next. (And if you ever notice a problem with Frames-per-second being a little buggy Google the problem and read around until u find the solution that describes disabling a few thing in Device manager that are related to Keyboard extras under the keyboard category in DM.) "F.E.A.R." is simply awesome if you never played it.

And u played "Crysis"? Play it after "F.E.A.R."

Chronological release date order (i think) of FSP games that ppl that liked FC1 would like:

Doom 3, FC1, HL2, F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Crysis...

"F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point" is pretty good.

Can't leave out "Metro 2033" and "Metro: Last Light Redux". They are both FC1 caliber.

GL

Solution