moosaali

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
i recently bought farcry 2 however during installation my sister accidently unplugged tyhe computer.i knew the gam ewould have not been installed correctly so i dicided to remove the installed part from the control panel(uninstall it) but no matter how many times i uninstall it ,the icon of far cry2 remaiuns in the "add or remove programs" so i manually deleted the folder where it was installed hoping it would resolve the situation but it didnt.i tried installing the game again several times but insted of installing it starrts to uninstall the game although it is not in my pc any more...i have the minimum requirements for the game and i really want to play it so plzzz help

Solution
Ugh, this is one of those cases where a little bit of install data gets stuck in the system registry. It's easy enough to remove if you know what you're doing but if you don't and you goof up it can cause a lot of unpleasantness. Unfortunately I do not know of an easy way to resolve this that doesn't involve manually digging into the registry.

You can try running CCleaner and hope that it finds the dangling uninstall information. If that doesn't work, hopefully someone else will be able to provide solution.
Ugh, this is one of those cases where a little bit of install data gets stuck in the system registry. It's easy enough to remove if you know what you're doing but if you don't and you goof up it can cause a lot of unpleasantness. Unfortunately I do not know of an easy way to resolve this that doesn't involve manually digging into the registry.

You can try running CCleaner and hope that it finds the dangling uninstall information. If that doesn't work, hopefully someone else will be able to provide solution.

Solution

moosaali

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

dorst work,same prob.