jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Hi,

i have a GTX560, a Intel Quad Core Q8400 overclocked 3.00 Ghz,MOBO Asus P5KPL-AM EPU DDR2 with 2 slots for rams and 4GB Ram. I think i might buy Far Cry 3 in Christmas and i was wondering if 6GB is a lot better for Far Cry 3 (it is the recommended RAM amount). Also i was wondering 6 GB Ram comes in 2 modules of 3 GBs or 1 module of 6GB. I can't find easy 6GBs and 8GBs Ram for a DDR2 MOBO. I found 2 modules of 4GBs and they cost 156 euroes!!!!!! :fou: WTF!!!!! I also found 1 4GB ram that costs 38 euros. If i buy 2 of those will they work right??
Thanks in advance!!

jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

i forgot to mention that i have 2x2GB DDR2 not a single 4GB

jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Now you made me feel bad about my graphics card :( I bought it last year and i cant buy one new agian. Do you have any idea in what settings and with what frames am i going to play Far Cry 3 with my current rig?

Thanks for your reply even if it upset me :( !

Hi :)

Just to make you feel better, I will say its not a bad card, just not good enough for what you want....

You could always sell it, and buy a 7970...or even a 7990 (£750) like the one on its way to me for one of my gaming machines...

All the best Brett :)

jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Brett i appreciate your interest but i can't afford a new gpu right now. I am a teenager, i don't have a job, i pay for my gym and I live in Greece with all the economical problems and s***t. The only thing i can do with my own money is to buy Far Cry 3 and if rams were cheaper and i could find 2x4GB DDR2 i would buy them. I don't think i am going to be able to do an upgrade as long as we have crysis here. I hope your country (England i think due the pounds) is in better situation and your family too :) Have fun with your 7990!!(also i don't like amd and radeon for some reason not that i think nvidia is better but prefer nvidia)

Best Regards Jordan

Hi Jordan :)

Yes we have Greece a lot on the news here in England...they keep showing riots and demonstrations there, although I am sure its not all like that...

The only real option is to turn DOWN some of your settings....

jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Yep i think i will have most of the settings lower than high. Medias distort the truth, they have made everyone hate us and think that we are lazy when some people here have two and more jobs so they can live and feed their family. Whatever this is a technology forum and not one with political issues.
I wanted to ask you about the 310.xxx drivers from Nvidia. Their site states that it gives 38% performance boost in Far Cry 3 with GTX 680 and 6% with GTX660. Will my 560 have any improvement with that driver? There is no performance boost with 560 in the site, does this mean that it only improves 680 and 660?
Thank for your replies!
Best Regards Jordan

Hi Jordan :)

I would ALWAYS load the LATEST drivers, and even try any BETA drivers, they usually improve ANY card, even older ones...

So try them ...

jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Installed the drivers some hours ago and now i am downloading far cry to see how it is going to play when and if i buy it. I will be afk until tomorrow so if you leave any message i will see it tomorrow. Thank for the replies! :)

Best Regards Jordan