Far cry 3 - annoying shading problem

dexz

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
hey, I'm getting this annoying problem with the shading for far cry 3 and was wondering if anyone knows a way to fix it? tried playing around with the video settings but can't get anything to work.

Here's a link to a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/9I6dC.jpg

Im playing on a HP envy 15 (2012) laptop with Radeon 7690M grpahics. Not top range but seems to play the game fine on medium settings despite the shading problem.

4ss4s1n

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Best solution is to run the game, go to ''Options'' then ''Video'' (not Video Quality).......right in the middle it says "DIRECTX" change that into directx 9 instead directx11..then restart the game...nothing will change in the graphic but gets rid of that rectangular shadowy thing......hope this helps.......play co-op with me ign: JNpurple

P.S. I had the same problem but I don't know if it may reduce your FPS rate....mine didn't....runs smooth with directx9

MorkS

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I'm having the same issue on my card (just the lower half is shadded weirdly). I have a vastly different computer than yours.

However I only have this issue when I use HDAO, if I switch to SSAO or HBAO it disapears. So try switching your ambient occlusion method and see if that helps.

I'd like to use HDAO, so if anyone has a solution to that then let us know!

payneg1

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

I am also having a different type of shading problem, small vertical strips - about 3-4 towards the right. I can assure you this is not due to hardware incompatibility as i am using a HD 7850 with i5 3550. My graphics settings are all set to Ultra, no V-SYNC, 4xMSAA. I will try and change the HBAO, HDAO and see if that helps.

wmaguire

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I have the exact same laptop as you, getting the same problem. We're you able to correct it?