Far cry 3 benchmark pc

G

Hello,
I have a core i5 laptop
with GT540m (1gb) graphics card
4gb RAM

do you think far cry 3 would put too much stress on any of these components (cause any damage)

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
Well it wont damage but you can count on it running at 100% and still have bad fps.
A laptop isnt designed for gaming,it lacks the cooling for it and when temperatures rise the laptop will drop the CPU and GPU speeds to get rid of heat.Since it can´t get rid of most of the heat you will play 5-10min with a decent fps then get very low fps.
Needless to say that putting your system on constant stress will cause damage.
I wouldnt risk it,stick with older games or get a dedicated gaming station or an xbox360/ps3.

Frock

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
It might run lowest resolution + lowest settings, but it will probably overheat. Far Cry 3 isn't an easy game to run, especially on that laptop.

G

thanks for the reply

G

Yeah, thanks for the advice, I might just buy a copy for my PS3 :)

if you can play it on an 9800gso then you can play it on the 540m they have the same amount of shader's very similar overall specs so i see no reason it wont run but likely on minimum at minimum rez if its 512mb if its 1 gig then minimum at native rez.

G

thanks, I think ill get it for PS3 to run on better graphics and not risk stressing my components out

thing is the ps3 version will give exactly the same performance as on your lappy... gfx wise it will look identical on minimum for pc as on the ps3 but at least on minimum on pc you will be able to turn a couple of settings up. on the ps3 you wont. as for stressing its unlikely. although laptops do have heat issues it shouldnt be any more stressfull than running any other game.