Far Cry 3 Entry point not found

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hello! I recently purchased FC3 from Steam and am getting this Entry point not found message... At first I got MSCVP100 not found. Then MSCVR100.dll not found and now this... Please provide a solution.

Solution

No worries man I fixed the problem. It seems that when I was running SMITE for the first time it installed C++ 2010 and that's what was needed for FC3...
I previously had the 2013 version
Thanks a lot for your help! This site has Been the most helpful site I've ever been to!
Thank you

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

I installed Windows recently because my old hard drive crashed... It was working fine before on the same PC

I've got 8 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Hp Quad core 2.2 GHz

So when you installed the new HDD, did you re-install STEAM and Far Cry 3? I'm not saying that the game won't work on your system, I'm saying that there maybe corrupted or missing files. STEAM will repair it if you run a game cache verify. It's easy to do.

From you Library view, right-click Far Cry 3 and click Properties. In the window that opens, select the Local Files tab. Then click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will take awhile to complete. If it finds any files missing or corrupted, it will re-download them (only those files, not the entire game).

Those two file are associated with MicroSoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

I verified the game cache and find no problems.. I even tried reinstalling. Other games that need C++ work perfectly and even Far Cry 4 runs fine...

Unfortunately you likely have more than one Visual C++ installed. Try this:

Right click Far Cry 3 from the Library and select Properties. Click Browse local files and then go Support > VCRedist. Run both installers in that folder. Then try. If that doesn't work, go into Support > DirectX and run DXSETUP.

Did UPlay get installed on your computer? Does it try to launch when you start the game?

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

Uplay doesn't run when I run FC3 before it has time to run I get the Entry point not going message... Unfortunately the methods you provided didn't work...

It's starting to feel like a waste of money

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

No worries man I fixed the problem. It seems that when I was running SMITE for the first time it installed C++ 2010 and that's what was needed for FC3...
I previously had the 2013 version
Thanks a lot for your help! This site has Been the most helpful site I've ever been to!
Thank you

Solution

TRENDING THREADS