Far Cry 3 Freeze problem !!!

Despot_1

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
I play Far Cry 3 for 1minute and then suddenly everything freezes,and after that i need to restart my PC...
These are my specifications :
AMD Athlon x2 64 5000+
1GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6450 1GB
I have this problem frome June 2k17 when i played Minecraft,but i deleted it and i started playing Far Cry 3,although i had times where i played Far Cry without freezing for around 4 hours and now i can't play it for 1min!!!
PLEASE HELP !!!

Solution

With respect, you've asked for help.

I've told you that your specs do not meet the actual requirements for the game, which will result in massive FPS drops, severe lag, stuttering and potentially freezing. It would also explain why it only lasts for 10 minutes before encountering problems.

When you run it on lower settings, you're reducing the strain on your components (depending on the game and what you lower), and the fact that your FPS goes up tells you that it's...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I mean, first things first is Minecraft requires MINIMUM 2 GB RAM, and Far Cry MINIMUM requires 4GB. You only have 1GB.

Your CPU is also underspec for Far Cry 3 and on the boundary line for Minecraft, so that will also be inhibiting you.

I'm not immediately jumping that that is the absolute root cause.
But it certainly could be a contributing factor at least.

Despot_1

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

Despot_1

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Look,i've run Minecraft like 170fps smooth and everything for like 10mins and then it just drops to 1fps
Same with Far Cry 3,i run it on low and everything goes perfect sometimes even to about 40-45 fps !
But eventually it jus freezes,so i guess it's not the specs

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

With respect, you've asked for help.

I've told you that your specs do not meet the actual requirements for the game, which will result in massive FPS drops, severe lag, stuttering and potentially freezing. It would also explain why it only lasts for 10 minutes before encountering problems.

When you run it on lower settings, you're reducing the strain on your components (depending on the game and what you lower), and the fact that your FPS goes up tells you that it's hardware now able to keep up more, because it has less to process.

I'm telling you having only 1GB of RAM will undoubtedly have an impact as you are forcing your PC to read write from your hard drive as it can't preload more onto the RAM, which causes massive performance drops. Not to mention Minecraft is a CPU resource based game, and your CPU is very low power. Far Cry is more demanding on virtually every aspect, so you will only carry problems over.

But with respect, don't shoot down fair advice, I'm trying to help.

Solution