[SOLVED] Far Cry 3 Won't Start And Doesn't Show An Error Message

soyboy78

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
So I bought Far Cry 3 since it was on sale for really cheap, and I had heard good things about it.
The first time I played it it worked perfectly with no problems. The issue is that I start click the desktop shortcut, then it displays the uPlay window with the Far Cry 3 icon, after that it has a bigger window with Far Cry 3 as the title, but then it shuts down the application with absolutely no error message. I have reinstalled 5 times, and whenever I verify game files integrity it says that one file is not working properly and will be fixed. I have also tried setting the compatibility to Windows 98/ Me. Please help me, it was very fun for the time that I played it.

Solution
Some things to check.

1. Ensure your drivers are up to date. If you recently updated drivers, try the last version.
2. If you use monitoring software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA precision X. Turn those off when playing.
3. Disable Steam in game or any other on screen displays. If you use Windows 10, try to turn the game bar off.

I have notices several games as of late that did not get along with the onscreen riva tuner display that comes with MSI AB and similar software.
Some things to check.

1. Ensure your drivers are up to date. If you recently updated drivers, try the last version.
2. If you use monitoring software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA precision X. Turn those off when playing.
3. Disable Steam in game or any other on screen displays. If you use Windows 10, try to turn the game bar off.

I have notices several games as of late that did not get along with the onscreen riva tuner display that comes with MSI AB and similar software.

Solution

redmanticore2

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018
hi, I just solved mine Origin Far Cry 3 not starting like this :

short version: uninstalled & reinstalled from Uplay desktop client

Long version: I bought far cry 3 from Origin because it was on sale on origin. Far Cry 3 also needs to login once into uplay client when you try to launch it for some reason. did not start on origin. decided to uninstall from origin and reinstall from origin. did not launch.
then decided to go to Uplay desktop client, pressed there to play. didnt launch. pressed verify files. complained that couldnt verify files.
decided to uninstall from the Uplay desktop client and Reinstall from Uplay desktop client.
Launched like nothing was ever wrong.

also for some reason on origin when it installed and didnt launch it was 8+ gigabits and on uplay where it worked it was 9+ gigabits.