Far Cry 4 Aims to Surprise You, Exceed Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I liked Far Cry 3, but Uplay is a hassle for sure, and after only about 20 hours I finished the game and ran out of content. I hope Far Cry 4 has a much longer story with decent replay-ability and loads MORE content.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Far Cry 3 was amazing to me because they based it on an amazing story line that almost everybody can relate to and recognize. The Alice in wonderland hints made the game SO much more enjoyable.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
The people saying that FC3 didn't have enough content, long enough gameplay, etc...put a sock in it. That's your opinion about the game, sure...but FC3 was amazing, hands down. The story, the characters, the game play, the GRAPHICS. Man...I'm disappointed in PC enthusiasts these days...and gamers. Always nit-picky about every detail and complain MORE when the next best thing comes out. My condolences go out to you plain-jane chaps.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Far Cry 1 exceeded my expectations back in the day, the 2nd pissed all that away left a bad taste in my mouth. So I skipped 3 and now see what they can do with the 4th before I buy.

crysex

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Far Cry 3 was a great game. I enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I would suggest is that to make the game control input lag go away. Please make Far Cry 4 has the same control feeling like counter strike or Crysis.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Far Cry 3 is the best in the series imho. Fun to snipe, stealthily take out targets or just blow the whole place up. I wish they fix the bullets when sniping. At a certain range from target, bullets dont register a hit. They just magically disappear or something.

The storyline was magical.
I tried a few mods, played thru story 3 times. I couldn't get enough.
I hope they add more mod tools. Like mapmaking, being able to create your own settings, stories, placing down AI etc.

Just look at Arma-series and its mods. Thats the way to go.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

looks like they cant go all out on graphics if they are to release port for these 2 platform. Jeez stop dev on these 2 consoles already. Focus on x86 platform.

shaun_shaun

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Far Cry 1 exceeded my expectations back in the day, the 2nd pissed all that away left a bad taste in my mouth. So I skipped 3 and now see what they can do with the 4th before I buy.

I had the same impressions with FarCry 2 and I skipped it too. but honestly FarCry 3 is a complete different animal with far dynamic characters and one of the best gameplay. you missed a lots of fun. and FarCry 3 DLC Blood Dragon was the best DLC I've ever played. amazing gameplay with great humor. just dont skip FC3.

andresvergara

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2004
i hope ubisoft allow cut scenes to be skipped after finishing the single player story at least , they really ruined farcry 3 replayability by not allowing this :(

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I built my computer about a year ago and this is one of the titles that may push me to upgrade sooner rather than later. I like the idea that it could be surprising as long as they don't break everything that mad FC3 such a great game. I also hope for continued modding support and a better map editor. FC2's editor on ps3 was significantly larger than FC3's on PC which was a major disappointment for me.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Far Cry 3 was an "average" game. If you weren't a main plot character you got the worst audio sequences I've ever heard, rather crappy when your sporting a $600 headset. Enemy AI was horrendous. Modders had to "fix" the game adding in respawning enemies and outposts (Ubisoft finally got the point and added those), as well as bumping up the graphical fidelity since Ubisoft pulled some smoke and mirrors at E3 (but then again what company doesn't?).

Let's not forget the multiplayer. Constantly crashed, hardly ever saved loadouts or even experience. Most of the time when a level is completely it just locked up and kicks everyone out losing experience and items. Hackers were rampant and none of the mods seemed to care. In fact if you started linking evidence to another player that was hacking you received a lovely one month ban.

Far Cry 3 was "average". Everyone gets a hard on for Vaas, which had hardly any depth in character. Here's a great idea, instead of a good boss battle in an arena styled setting fighting off the main bad guy and his goons. Let's do a dumb QTE boss battle that even a child can press through. Yippee. Far Cry 1 was fantastic, the franchise has gone downhill since then.

/end rant

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I am not a terribly critical FPS player, but FWIW I really enjoyed FC3. It had the right combination of detail, physics, strategy, secrets, personalities, side missions...and even though the story line was predictable it kept me engaged for a while. I am very much into finding every artifact and loot chest and completing every side mission, so the game was very much worth the price for me.

I personally liked the stealth tree, sneaking up on a camp, and carefully dispatching guards and then dragging them off into the forest. It would have been nice if the 2 remaining in the squad took notice that you took out 8 of their comrades, panicked, and then hit the alarm. I hope they put in a lot more camps, and make them very difficult to liberate.

Hopefully my i5-3570k and EVGA GTX-760 SC can keep up when this comes out.

G

I loved FC3's gameplay, but it's story was just downright idiotic - some privileged, suburban, whiny little douchebag college kid drops in on an island full of vicious criminals and native warriors bred on a perpetual armed conflict, and in a matter of months, ends up becoming the baddest mofo in town? I mean C'MON! If it was his older brother, the army guy who gets killed in the start, it would make a hellova lot more sense. IRL, a kid like Jason Brody wouldn't last two days in a tough neighborhood, let alone some distant lawless island run by psychotic crimelords. </rant>

Aaaanyway, I do look forward to FC4 with anticipation - nothing like a solid open-world shooter with great gameplay to eat away the free time. :)

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I loved FC3's gameplay, but it's story was just downright idiotic - some privileged, suburban, whiny little douchebag college kid drops in on an island full of vicious criminals and native warriors bred on a perpetual armed conflict, and in a matter of months, ends up becoming the baddest mofo in town? I mean C'MON! If it was his older brother, the army guy who gets killed in the start, it would make a hellova lot more sense. IRL, a kid like Jason Brody wouldn't last two days in a tough neighborhood, let alone some distant lawless island run by psychotic crimelords. </rant>

Aaaanyway, I do look forward to FC4 with anticipation - nothing like a solid open-world shooter with great gameplay to eat away the free time. :)

Is your argument based on the fact that you HAVE to be a native of the island to be the baddest mofo in town? Movies use this same premise, where some completely irrelevant protagonist shows up learning a new skillset and becomes the baddest mofo.

G

a) A native of any land would have a better understanding of the local culture, terrain, weather, flora and fauna etc. and hence a better chance of survival any given day, compared to someone who just got there, especially someone used to relying much more on the technologies of the modern western lifestyle. Case in point, the U.S. army in Afghanistan - how come these illiterate nomads with rusty AK-47s and leftovers of the Soviet invasion army, could put up the resistance they did against trained soldiers of the most powerful and well-equipped military in the world? The credit can't all go to Pakistan, right? Even the military themselves have said it over and over again - these guys have the advantage of being natives to that land. Perhaps, the U.S. govt. should've sent in some freshmen from Washington State U, then they wouldn't need to negotiate with the Taliban now.

b) A native of the island, who was born there, in the middle of all that crime and violence, would naturally be more desensitized to violent and life-threatening situations then some upper-middleclass kid from a western suburb. That is why I said that the older brother, who was a professional soldier, would have made more sense as the hero.

Movies use this same premise, where some completely irrelevant protagonist shows up learning a new skillset and becomes the baddest mofo.
Yes, and they often give the character some relevant background, or more time, or a competent instructor, or a special training place. Those that don't, are referred to as poorly made, and are usually laughed at in the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS