Far Cry 4 gpu temps and graphics issues

GonzJ

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014
Hey guys.

Finally downloaded Far Cry 4 yesterday and loaded it up. I'm using palit 3gb gtx 780 ti sli, when playing the game, the first gpu heats up to 58-65C but the second stays at idle, around 25C. Is this normal? Is 65C too high? Another issue I am having is that when using the preset 'high' graphic settings (preferably want to go ultra) I am getting some issues with graphics, for example trees disappearing and then reappearing right in front of me, low fps drops, some terrain in the distance chopping. Anyone got any ideas to sort this out?

Thanks!!

Solution
im pretty sure far cry 4 does not support SLI yet thats why the other one is at low temps 65c is not that hot if its bothering you than just crank up the fan, far cry 4 are having a lot of issues since the game is new give it a week or 2 and all these problems will be fixed ubisoft are trying to push out a patch to fix these problems so is AMD and Nvidia these problems will be fixed in no time
im pretty sure far cry 4 does not support SLI yet thats why the other one is at low temps 65c is not that hot if its bothering you than just crank up the fan, far cry 4 are having a lot of issues since the game is new give it a week or 2 and all these problems will be fixed ubisoft are trying to push out a patch to fix these problems so is AMD and Nvidia these problems will be fixed in no time

Solution

joeyrollin

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
The new drivers do support SLI, however it makes the shadows so dark that the game is unplayable at night. The solutions that have worked for me are: Downloading NVIDIA inspector and switching the SLI profile to the one from Blood Dragon, For FPS and Stuttering on Ultra, in NVIDIA control panel force antialising to CSAA 16 and the next setting (cant remember what it is) but set Multisampling. Turn VSYNC to adaptive and in game shut off ambient occlusion, motion blur, and VYNC. Hope this helps..

TRENDING THREADS