[SOLVED] Far Cry 5 black screen and crash

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
So yeah. I played the game 4 days and it's second time I get black screen and restart. Forst time when I changed settings in Video menu and second time after cutscene after killing Faith [after talk with Sheriff].
Everything was black, coolers got calm, no sound and I had to restart manually.
So im windows event I got kernel error the critial one 41.
Second time.

I set the cpu to fixed voltage 1.27V, SA voltage to 1.34V and rkl memory 1.34 because MoBo auto voltages are insane [1.4V]. I will back to auto and try with deafults and see what will be.

My question is - is this the game problem or my hardware?
I7 11700k, NH D15
MSI Z590 TORPEDO
2y8Gb ddr4 3600MHz
RTX 3070 Ti Asus TUF Gaming
Cooler Master V2 V850 850W Gold, tier A.

Everything is brand new, bought month ago...

Solution
It's likely the auto OC, even manual ones have to be done carefully, and aren't guaranteed to work with every game.

I would try just default clocks, but make sure your RAM is in XMP mode to run at it's rated speed. FC5 should run easily at max settings on that rig with no OC.
It's likely the auto OC, even manual ones have to be done carefully, and aren't guaranteed to work with every game.

I would try just default clocks, but make sure your RAM is in XMP mode to run at it's rated speed. FC5 should run easily at max settings on that rig with no OC.

Reactions: vladakv
Solution

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016

I set on auto SA voltage and RKL memory voltage and core voltage didnt touch - fixed 1.28V. Now everything is stable.

Thank you.

Last edited: