'Far Cry 5' Teaser Trailer Shows Montana Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished

I see no indication that this is rendered in-game or even in-engine.

Awesome that the FC series is finally making it to North America for an environment. Montana is big country. Mountains, grasslands, rivers, heat in the summer, freezing cold in the winter. It has it all. Oh and they have grizzly bears and wolves too.

I hope Ubisoft has modeled everything correctly including seasonal weather patterns. Can't wait to see a hardware PC test for this. I may be upgrading my SLI 970s sooner than anticipated.

Sadly some people with nothing better to do or nothing to add will turn things political for no apparent reason. Not sure it has any place here.

As for the game, looking forward to seeing more of it. The intro looked like a mix of actual photography or at least lifelike cut scenes I wouldn't expect to find throughout actual gameplay. Could be pretty interesting though, maybe a bit of bias since I got hooked on the original far cry title.

The only thing I've really been bummed about with more recent ubisoft titles are being tied into uplay which has been a trainwreck compared to steam (at least in my experience). Hopefully the graphics are up to usual far cry/crysis standards. They've usually had great graphics.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"if this is set in the US i guess they modeled the game's villain after trump :D "

Doo hoo hoo, trump joke guiez! Over 9000! Much laff! Best meme!

Seriously. He may he onto something considering how popular bashing Trump is, and how every single thing has to be a political statement.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
This is awesome. FC is one of my all time favorite franchises. Gotta hand it to them for taking chances beyond tropical island paradise setting. Ideally, my favorite setting would be a large city with a lot of neutral NPCs and you had to wage a war against baddies whilst not attacking the good guys.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I'm still a bit skeptical about this. I have no idea what to expect from this game, considering that the location pretty much mandates that there be some formula changes. For instance, I grew mighty fond of riding around on elephant-back and stomping out baddies in FC4, and that's probably not something that happens too much in Montana. But, I guess so long as you give me plenty of outposts to liberate, I'll be happy enough. That was always my favorite part of FC games, by a wide margin. Honestly, I don't know if there was another part of FC games I've enjoyed at all, let alone as much as outposts, lol.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Yeah, this is a risk. Montana is not Afghanistan. How many outposts are there and what is the new enemy? Apocalypse skinheads with bunkers/outposts? I'm sure they'll make it happen and do tremendously but I think a jungle would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.