Question Far Cry 6 on PC - Wing suit and vehicle repair bar questions.

jimox1999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
Hi , as above:-

1 - Wing suit - I can deploy it but most times I hit the deck straight away after taking off - its nowhere near as easy to control as it was in the other FC games Ive played, Im old school and using the keyboard right shift to deploy and arrow keys to try to guide it, I read somewhere to invert the plane controls, I tried it but had the same failure rate. - anyone got this prob?
Also do you have to use the parachute to drop from it near the ground - Im sure on the other games you could land on foot?

2 - I no longer have the car repair bar - the green indicator with the spanner next to it. I can repair ok but I leave it going for longer to make sure it works - anyone know if I have turned it off somehow?

thanks for any replies.

jimox1999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
Repair bar sorted - I had turned stuff off in the HUD in an effort to make the game more difficult - its the easiest Far Cry game I've played with hardly any really challenging missions . 18% into the game, I hope it gets better.

Wing suit - I try it out if I can take off from a really high spot and can fly a bit but still need the parachute to land , which doesn't always work if I'm close to the ground.

Wing suit - I try it out if I can take off from a really high spot and can fly a bit but still need the parachute to land , which doesn't always work if I'm close to the ground.
And that's realistic, as wing suits don't have anywhere near the ability to glide as hang gliders do. They are primarily for fast descents, so altitude is a must. If you want a game that lets you glide unrealistically with a wing suit, try Just Cause.

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
And that's realistic, as wing suits don't have anywhere near the ability to glide as hang gliders do. They are primarily for fast descents, so altitude is a must. If you want a game that lets you glide unrealistically with a wing suit, try Just Cause.

It is funny that you mention this. I tried FC6 out for that free trial. About an hour into the game I realized I was just playing a remake of Just Cause. IMO wasn't different enough to even justify the $19 price special they had going. Same game with less comedy.

It is funny that you mention this. I tried FC6 out for that free trial. About an hour into the game I realized I was just playing a remake of Just Cause. IMO wasn't different enough to even justify the $19 price special they had going. Same game with less comedy.
I'm not surprised, Ubi has been on a trip to silly town for some time now, and I think it's part of why their stock is plummeting.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm not surprised, Ubi has been on a trip to silly town for some time now, and I think it's part of why their stock is plummeting.

I have enjoyed quite a few of the Ubisoft titles, and in particular the Clancy genre. I still grind and grind on Div2. It is mostly cause I am the first one dead in online games such as Fortnite and the lot. It's my mouse, of course... ;)