Question Fast connection but slow loading times.

Dec 16, 2019
Hey guys, this is driving me insante. I'm posting because I don't really know what else to do.

First off, let me start by saying that I've noticed increasingly slow load speeds, particularly when browsing image/video hosting domains, specifically, i.redd.it, v.redd.it and imgur.com. I've searched to see if these particular domains had any issues but apparently they don't.

Choppy image loading and video buffering with random stops and jumps in quality.

Connection speed tests show up fine as you can see here:

rJ66c94.png

enme3go.png

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Formated my computer just to be safe;
  2. Reset router to factory settings;
  3. Turned router off over night so it would register again;
  4. Ran tracert so see if anything was having some sort of hiccup;
  5. Ran ipconfig /flushdns;
  6. Tried several other DNS servers.
7YkWJjF.png

17lBVM9.png

I can't seem to pinpoint the issue, and I'm at a loss right now.
I'm having this issue via ethernet and wireless. Tested on various other devices and they all replicate the issue. When I use my cellphone data, I have no issues so yea, it's definitely either on my end or my ISP's but they don't really wanna do anything since my speeds are up to their standards, so that's basicly what they only care about.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Router
Arris
Model no: tg2492no

Computer speccs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1499MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M3 (MS-7978) (U3E1)
Graphics
DELL U2715H (2560x1440@59Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI)
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 (SATA )
3GB Verbatim STORE N GO USB Device (USB )

Network:

Connected through Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
IP Address
Subnet mask
Gateway server
Preferred DNS server 1.1.1.1
Alternate DNS server 1.0.0.1
DHCP Enabled
DHCP server
External IP Address
Adapter Type Ethernet
NetBIOS over TCP/IP Enabled via DHCP
NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node
Link Speed 0 Bps
Computer Name

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019
That arris cable modem, can you log I to it and locate the signal and error logs?

It's a modem, VIP modem, and router in one, it will have pages for both the router and modem info.
Hm, i didn't know that. Well, as for more info, the router console is pretty limited as it is pretty much provided by my ISP so information isn't really all that detailed. What sort of info were you hoping for?

EDIT: Nevermind. There is no error log I can extract.

Last edited:

Wacabletech06

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
The signal levels and error logs, I work for a cable company in the US and any issues with signals will be logged in the modems error logs per DOCSIS or EURODOCSIS standards the trick is finding it. Usually running ipconfig will provide a gateway IP then typing that up into a web browser will get you to a login page ie 192.168.0.1 is the default gateway ip from arris but the mso can change this. The login is admin and password is password by default.

Dec 16, 2019
The signal levels and error logs, I work for a cable company in the US and any issues with signals will be logged in the modems error logs per DOCSIS or EURODOCSIS standards the trick is finding it. Usually running ipconfig will provide a gateway IP then typing that up into a web browser will get you to a login page ie 192.168.0.1 is the default gateway ip from arris but the mso can change this. The login is admin and password is password by default.
Yeah, i just tried it. Also tried some other gateways and I always get a 404. The previous router I had with this ISP let me configure buy the default gateway, this one doesn't. I have to use the ISP's provided link. Which sucks.

tried 192.168.0.1
tried 192.168.1.1 after ipconfig
and another default gateway that I found in my settings.

all either 404 or unreachable

Latest posts