Fast connection, slow browser...With a twist.

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Ok, as the title imply's, I am having internet problems.

The connection speed is about 12-16megabits/s
For some reason though, the browsing is not what it should be.
However when I put the same pc on a different (slightly slower) connection no such problem exists.

What's more once I'm on a particular website, browsing within that website is not slow at all, and I can stream 1080p vids on youtube no problem, it's just when I navigate to a different website that it start to chug. Which is annoying to say the least.

Also the same results are had with different pc's on this connection. It's really strange.

Ps. I am using both wired and wireless. The only thing I haven't tried is a new modem.

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Are you connected directly to your modem or do you have a switch inbetween?

Is the slower network that you connect to with no problem from the same ISP? If not, it may be a DNS server problem. Trying piniging the websites you are having problems connecting to and let us know the results.

My first thought would be copy down the DNS server info for the working connection (ipconfig/all and under DNS) and then apply them either to your machine.

Additionally, have you tried running different browsers? Chrome, firefox, opera etc. You could try calling the support hotline for your ISP as well, they should be made aware of the problems you are experiencing.

TRENDING THREADS