Fast help, can't use my monitor and tv!

EmeraldCube

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015
So when I connect my Monitor and TV at the same time, they won't work together and I get no picture. I've tried uninstalling my drivers via amd clean up utility and reinstalling them again but it didn't help me fix my problem. The only way I can use one is if the other one is turned off. I'm using r9 290 with the latest windows 10 64 bit drivers 16.2.10.

EmeraldCube

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015

I get no signal, I get nothing, the picture is black, I can't see anything. That's the problem I want to fix.

minarix

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013

Right.. but if you don't help with some more information how is anyone going to be able to help you?

EmeraldCube

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015

I've told you all that I know. When I connect my tv and my monitor together, I get no signal on either of them. I've tried completely uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them but it doesn't work. It just happened randomly. First it didn't want to my main screed but it did the secondary and after reinstalling the drivers it didn't show any of them unless i plug one in seperatly from the other. Then it showed the plugged in display.

f-14

Distinguished
incompatible monitor and tv settings that can not work together. ie: unmatchable refresh ratespixel count can't match 720tv 1080 monitor. pretty sure it is the VGA connection which can not do 1080p. lack of information as to what your monitor is and tv is : model and manufacturer and connection ports used and cable types used.
basically lack of specs. please link to your model on the manufacturers website and list the ports to and from and cables used for each.

EmeraldCube

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015

My monitor is viewsonic vx2209 and my tv is samsung 32j5100. there is no vga input on r9 290. My monitor is being connected via dvi and my tv via hdmi. They have been working together like a charm over the past 3 moutns, that's how long i have them. It's the settings that are messed up but I don't know how to fix them and about the drivers, I don't think they have been completely deleted, that's what I want to do, to completely wipe them out of my computer because that is going to fix my problems. Can you help me with that. I'm using win 10 pro 64 bit.

TRENDING THREADS