Question Fast Internet speed but still lagging in games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2019
I normally have a ping of 10 ms in games like rainbow six siege or overwatch. My Internet speed is 400 mbps download and 20 mbps upload. But I still have these lags were I just can't move or look around. I think it's lag because if I look at other people during the lag they just walk on the spot and when it's over they just teleport.
My specs:
CPU: i3-8350k
GPU: gtx 1050 ti
RAM: 16gb
PSU: 500W

These lags only appear in games, not when im surfing in the internet.

Lutfij

Titan
Are the lags isolated on one title or on other titles as well.

Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

TO add, How are you connected to the www? With the aid of a wireless adapter or through the Ethernet port. Furthermore, do you have a router as the mediator between ISP and your devices/computer.

Mar 4, 2019
Are the lags isolated on one title or on other titles as well.

Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

TO add, How are you connected to the www? With the aid of a wireless adapter or through the Ethernet port. Furthermore, do you have a router as the mediator between ISP and your devices/computer.
CPU: i3-8350k
Motherboard: msi z370 krait gaming
Ram: 16gb
SSD/HDD: 256gb ssd 1tb hdd
GPU: gtx 1050 ti
PSU: 500W
Chassis: corsair carbide series spec-alpha
I am connected through the ethernet port and yes I have a router. The lags also appear on titles like apex legends or CS:GO

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Spybot is a good thing to use every so often if you're concerned but it sounds like you're fine in that regard, must be something else

Are all your drivers etc. up to date? Are single player games totally smooth and normal?

Mar 4, 2019
Sorry that I didn't rreply for a long time, but it got worse......Every now and then (not at a certain time) my game freezes for 2 to 3 seconds with a weird buzzing sound and my ping goes to 500 ms. When the "lag" is over everything goes to normal (120fps and 15ms). My drivers are all up to date and I didn't find any hardware issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.