[SOLVED] Fast (Quick) charging vs Regular charging

joniop

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Hey guys,

The last week I've bought a new phone. Not surprisingly, it came with Huawei Quick Charge adapter (yep, it's a Huawei phone with Li-Pol 3300 mAh battery). Although it charges from ~10% to 100% for about 1.5 hours, I consider that this might be bad for the battery than the regular charging.

My previous phone (yet another Huawei phone with Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery) came with a standard charging adapter, which was taking approximately 3 hours to charge from 20% to 100%. However, I do think about continuing to use my old charging adapter, because It would increase the lifespan of the battery.

So what do you think of it? Does the regular charging adapters may increase the lifespan of a phone's battery, or it would be better to use the the charger that came with the phone, although it's a so called "Quick (Fast) charging adapter" and pumps up the phone's battery from 10% to 100% for a little more than a hour?

Would be really thankful to get know what you thinking!

rajuplays

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Well if they provided with an adapter then they have tested it with the phone it won't be bad for the battery, while your other charger can be bad.

Solution