[SOLVED] Fast RTX 2070 or Slow RTX 2080?

nclfernando

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
Maybe it’s a dumb question, but I don’t really know about how faster core clock affects the performance.

Firstly, here I have an option, would you go for Asus Strix 2070 with base/boost 1410/1845 MHz and decent cooler, high-end model and aesthetics, or add $170 more for Gigabyte 2080 Windforce (non OC) but with ‘only’ 1710 MHz compared to other RTX 2080s.

I know that’s a whole different card but I would get a better other components if I go with the 2070.

Secondly, I did compare the Gigabyte Windforce to Zotac 2080 AMP, it’s slightly cheaper, faster (1830 MHz) but worse in aesthetics in my opinion. Is the speed difference mean so much between those two? Is it okay to pick the Gigabyte?

Thank you.

Solution
"but I would get a better other components if I go with the 2070."
In general no.

"Is the speed difference mean so much between those two? "

You are looking at 7% difference.

"Is it okay to pick the Gigabyte?"

To me the difference in speed wouldn't sway my opinion much...but that's up to you.

but as far as the 2080 vs the 2070.....the 2080 hands down no matter what clock speed.

"but I would get a better other components if I go with the 2070."
In general no.

"Is the speed difference mean so much between those two? "

You are looking at 7% difference.

"Is it okay to pick the Gigabyte?"

To me the difference in speed wouldn't sway my opinion much...but that's up to you.

but as far as the 2080 vs the 2070.....the 2080 hands down no matter what clock speed.

Solution

Latest posts