Fast Startup Issue Audio Desync Streamed Video

Jul 30, 2018
Hello i'm experiencing random audio desync in some site like twitch... seems disable the fast startup in windows solved the issue. (but i have to test it a bit more for say it's totaly fixed) That's normal? My mb have 1 month and i'm scared if something is faulty. From what can depend , a driver issue, windows issue?? i have all latest driver from asus site for my mb.

Thank you for any reply.

My rig:
i7 8700k
Tuf z370 Pro Gaming
1060 6gb
16gb

Colif

Win 11 Master
It is normally a driver issue if turning fast startup off fixes the problem. Its normally drivers that aren't built to cope with the new Win 10 power schemes... that shouldn't be the case on a Z370 board though. If you have an ssd, you can leave Fast Startup off as it only really helps hard drives speed up at boot time.

Do you have latest Realtek sound drivers? Motherboard site shows Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8273 as latest,. Windows may have updated the Realtek drivers as updates should come through windows update.

Do you have the latest BIOS? 1602 was released a few days ago, you can update it via EZ Update 3 in your bios tools menu

Jul 30, 2018
i've noticed a thing, if i run audio troubleshooter he told me "problem found - generic audio driver - detected" with a yellow esclamation mark... i tried unistall every audio driver, and reinstall but it's always the same, i don't know if this can be related, but the audio works like expected.

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows has its own generic audio driver, it could be what its finding.

This might give more details -
search cortana for reliability history
choose the control panel option
Are there any red X appearing on this chart?
if so, click one and in the panel under the chart, click on View Technical details under the action header
copy/paste the results in here, it could help us figure out cause.

Jul 30, 2018
oh, i've already read this page,they seems solved with the update 1709, maybe the 1803 reintroduce this issue? i've read another people in comment with 1803 with the same issue. at least i've found my personal "workaround" is disabling fast startup, "erp ready" is already disabled by default. The only thing i haven't tried is running my pc in high performance and try to reproduce the issue, but i like my cpu calm down while i'm just browsing, then isn't a good option, i prefer disable fast startup.

anyway i want thank you for your trying to help me. :D
i think i have to stop worry about this until i have other issues.